Tuesday, April 29, 2008

"The Windy City"

Again, I am a little behind but, hey the weather has been really nice and who wants to sit at their computer when you could be outside! A couple of weekends ago I headed to Chicago with 3 girlfriends. We had a blast. We had a plan but we tried to be flexible too. Like making a couple stops along the way...Steve and Barry's was fun! We headed to the train after some shopping in Michigan City only to find that it was a little too scary for us. It actually looked like something out of a horror movie! So we drove into Chicago. We ate at some wonderful places, shopping in some cute parts of town and did a lot of walking. How great for us mom's to be able to get away. What I realized was that I love to be with my kids but I need the "filling" that I get from being with my girlfriends. After a weekend of great conversation, encouragement and laughter it was good to get back home to all my boys. I felt refreshed, more patient, and more appreciative of all three of my guys! I would highly recommend it.

On the house front, we did get another low offer last Friday. This time we decided to counter and see what happens. This whole game is very difficult. We are trying not to be discouraged with the fact that we are not going to make a dime and probably are going to have to take a loss. We are now weighing our options as to whether it is better to just get rid of the house and be together as a family or stick it out through the summer and see if we can get a better offer. We are praying that God would make this all clear. Everyone keeps saying that we will make it up on the other end so we are holding on to the hope that next year when we buy we will get a good deal as well!

1 comment:

Charity said...

I'm so glad you had a great time in Chicago...it's such a fun place!

We'll be praying that you'll have wisdom to know what to do about the house. We know it's not easy. Hang in there!

Love you guys!